Our Driving School is pleased to provide a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) approved Beginner Driver Education Course in Wawa! Our Driving School will provide a local instructor to conduct all lessons in Wawa to avoid a time-consuming trip to Sault Ste. Marie. We do offer the option for students to take one or two lessons in Sault Ste. Marie if they’d like to gain more experience driving in a larger city.
About the Wawa Beginner Driver Education Course
We are Ministry of Transportation (MTO) approved Beginners Driver Education Course Provides. This course consists of 20 hours of classroom time, 10 hours of independent study from the textbook that we provide, and 10 hours of in-car training.
Introducing “New DIGITAL Driver”
“New DIGITAL Driver” Educational Course includes 20 hours of in-class instruction “DIGITALLY”, as well as 10 hours of homework “DIGITALLY”. Broken into 8 user-friendly modules. After you complete and pass your online course, you can begin the 10 hours of in-car lessons!
$695.00 + HST
- 10 hours of independent study.
- Students will be required to maintain a 70% average throughout the course.
- After the online classroom portion is completed, students will be eligible for the in-car sessions with our Wawa Instructor, which require an 80% average for certification.
Upon completion of the course, our office certifies the student with the Ministry of Transporation (MTO). This certification is required proof for your insurance company and can be acquired at Service Ontario for $12.00
NOTE: The option to take one or more in-car lessons in the Sault is available and encouraged, however, not necessary in order to pass.
Introducing “New DIGITAL Driver” Educational Course!
Includes 20 hours of in-class instruction “DIGITALLY”, as well as 10 hours of homework “DIGITALLY”. Broken into 8 user-friendly modules, complete the course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home. After you complete and pass your online course, you can begin the 10 hours of in-car lessons!
Our students will learn about the following:
- How crashes happen and how to prevent them
- Defensive and cooperative driving skills
- Winter driving
- Front and rear collision avoidance techniques
- Shoulder recovery on the highway
- Standard and ABS braking techniques
- How to handle emergencies
- How to avoid aggressive drivers
- How to avoid people who tailgate and much more.
YES! We have a driving instructor available in Wawa.
In our 10 hours of one-on-one in-car training, students must maintain an 80% average for certification and will learn the life-saving skills they need to recognize risks on the road and respond effectively.
We pick up and drop off anywhere in Wawa!
NOTE: If you want experience driving in Sault Ste. Marie, you can schedule a lesson or two with Mary at Our Driving School.
Benefits of the Beginner Driving Education Course
- Shorter wait time to complete your G2 Road Test (G1 Exit)
(8 months compared to 12)
- Graduates with a Driver License History may be eligible for an insurance discount
- Become a confident, safe driver
With an approved Beginner Driver Education Course at Our Driving School, you are eligible to schedule your G1 Exit Test after only eight months. A Beginner’s permit has two phases, G1 and G2. Usually you cannot exit G1 and enter G2 until you have 12 months experience, but this is reduced to 8 months with your Driver Education certificate.
Upon completion of the course, our office certifies the student with the Ministry of Transporation (MTO) with a Driver’s License History. This certification is required proof for your insurance company and may entitle you to receive a discount and can be acquired at Service Ontario for $12.00.