DriveTest the next step
Please note, we only book your drive test if you are renting one of our cars for the test. however, We’re providing resources to make the next step a little easier for you!
Ontario’s driver examination services are delivered at DriveTest Centres, on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. They provide knowledge tests for all licence classes are offered in all DriveTest Centres. Knowledge tests are written tests that determine whether you have a good understanding of the rules of the road and traffic signs. They consist of multiple-choice questions based on the official drivers handbooks.
Road tests (for cars/vans/small trucks; motorcycles; and commercial vehicles) assess your driving skills according to MTO criteria. A road test involves driving your own vehicle with a driver examiner as an observer.
What do I need to book my drive test?
To book an appointment you will need to know:
- Your valid Ontario driver’s licence number
- Your preferred location for a road test
- Your alternate locations for a road test
- Your preferred date and time
For more information on preparing for your road test please visit DriveTest Road Tests.
How do I book my drive test?
By Internet, to access the road test appointment Internet booking visit DriveTest Book a Road Test.
By Phone, you can book your road test by calling 647-776-0331. An automated phone booking line provides you with the following options on the main menu:
- Book, cancel, reschedule or confirm a road test – Say “road test” or press 1.
- Information on a specific DriveTest Centre – Say “DriveTest” or press 2.
- Licensing information, such as payment, identification, testing, licence exchange or commercial licensing – Say “licensing” or press 3.
- Government numbers – Say “other numbers” or press 4.
Please be aware that if you cancel a road test appointment less than 48 hours (2 business days) before the scheduled time, you will lose your road test fee. If you have cancelled more than three road tests in the last six months, you will be unable to nook or cancel your appointment using an automated system – you will need to contact our DriveTest call centre or visit your local DriveTest Centre in person.
In Person, located in Churchill Plaza 150 Churchill Blvd C15-16 Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3Z9, open Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
How do I prepare for my drive test?
Preparing for my G1 Test:
- Re-read your MTO Driver’s Handbook.
- Take a G1 Practice Test.
Preparing for my G2 or G Test:
- Book a Refresher Course with Our Driving School.
- Ensure your vehicle meets requirements or rent a vehicle.