New Driver Classes
Beginner Driver Education Course
We teach a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) approved Beginners Driver Education course that consists of 20 hours of classroom time, 10 hours of independent study from the textbook that we provide, and 10 hours of in-car training.
Our instructors are certified teachers and provide an interesting and interactive learning environment. Students will be encouraged to participate in various activities to improve their understanding and to facilitate learning. Our classes are relevant to today’s ever-changing driving environment.
20 hours of in-class learning time | 10 hours of one-on-one in-car training |
10 hours of independent study
$734.50 (HST included)
Sault Ste. Marie
Nov 17, 18 & Nov 24, 25
Dec 8, 9 & Dec 15, 16
Dec 27, 28 & Dec 29, 30
Feb 16, 17 & 23, 24
March Break 11 – 14
Mar 30, 13 & Apr 6, 7
Apr 27, 26 & May 4, 5
- Students are required to bring their Driver’s Handbook. A course textbook will be provided.
- 10 hours of independent study
- Students will be required to maintain a 70% average in the classroom and once the 20 hours are completed
- After the classroom portion is completed, students will be eligible for the in-car sessions which require an 80% average for certification.
Upon completion of the course, our office certifies the student with the Ministry of Transporation (MTO). This certification is required proof for your insurance company and can be acquired at Service Ontario for $12.00.
How to get your license:
- How crashes happen and how to prevent them
- Defensive and cooperative driving skills
- Winter driving
- Front and rear collision avoidance techniques
- Shoulder recovery on the highway
- Standard and ABS braking techniques
- How to handle emergencies, avoid aggressive drivers and people who tailgate and much more.
*Please note that there is NO online homework portion of our courses.
Bring a Buddy Bonus
Bring a buddy and both of you can save $15 off the cost of the course! *Discount applied after both registrations.
Benefits of the Beginner Driving Education Course
- Shorter wait time to complete your G2 Road Test (G1 Exit) (8 months compared to 12)
- Save significantly on insurance
- Become a confident, safe driver
With an approved Beginner Driver Education Course at Our Driving School, you are eligible to schedule your G1 Exit Test after only 8 months. A Beginner’s permit has two phases, G1 and G2. Normally you cannot exit G1 and enter G2 until you have 12 months experience, but this is reduced to 8 months with your Driver Education certification. The cost of insurance may be greatly reduced with the completion of a Beginner Driver Education Course from Our Driving School. Check with your insurance agent to confirm how much you can save. Students who have completed the Beginner Driver Education Course will have lower insurance premiums.