New Driver Classes
Beginner Driver Education Course
We provide a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) approved Beginner Driver Education course that consists of 20 hours of classroom time, 10 hours of independent study from the textbook that we provide, and 10 hours of in-car training.
Our instructors are certified teachers and provide an interesting and interactive learning environment. Students will be encouraged to participate in various activities to improve their understanding and to facilitate learning. Our classes are relevant to today’s ever-changing driving environment.
20 hours of in-class learning time | 10 hours of one-on-one in-car training |
10 hours of independent study
$734.50 (HST included)
Sault Ste. Marie
Nov 2, 3 & 9, 10
Nov 30 & Dec 1, 7, 8
Dec 27 – 30
Oct 28, 29, 30 & Nov 4, 5 & 6
- Students are required to bring their Driver’s Handbook. A course textbook will be provided.
- 10 hours of independent study
- Students will be required to maintain a 70% average in the classroom and once the 20 hours are completed
- After the classroom portion is completed, students will be eligible for the in-car sessions which require an 80% average for certification.
Upon completion of the course, our office certifies the student with the Ministry of Transporation (MTO) with a Driver’s License History. This certification is required proof for your insurance company and may entitle you to receive a discount and can be acquired at Service Ontario for $12.00.
How to get your license:
- How crashes happen and how to prevent them
- Defensive and cooperative driving skills
- Winter driving
- Front and rear collision avoidance techniques
- Shoulder recovery on the highway
- Standard and ABS braking techniques
- How to handle emergencies, avoid aggressive drivers and people who tailgate and much more.
*Please note that there is NO online homework portion of our courses.
Bring a Buddy Bonus
Benefits of the Beginner DrivER Education Course
- Shorter wait time to complete your G2 Road Test (G1 Exit) (8 months compared to 12)
- Graduates may be eligible for an insurance discount with proof of their Drivers License History
- Become a confident, safe driver
With completion of the MTO approved Beginner Driver Education Course at Our Driving School, you are eligible to schedule your G1 Exit Test after only 8 months. A Beginner’s permit has two phases, G1 and G2. Normally you cannot exit G1 and enter G2 until you have 12 months experience, but this is reduced to 8 months with your Driver Education certification. The cost of insurance may be greatly reduced with the completion of a Beginner Driver Education Course from Our Driving School. Check with your insurance agent to confirm how much you can save.