CENTRAL ALGOMA SECONDARY SCHOOL (CASS) Office
The team at Our Driving School cares about the success of our students and aims to create safe and knowledgeable drivers that will help lower accident rates and make the Algoma District a safer place to drive. Our Driving School is pleased to provide a Beginner Driver’s Education Course at Central Algoma Secondary School (CASS) periodically through the year.
About the CASS Beginner Driver Education Course
We are a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) approved Beginners Driver Education Course Provider. This course consists of 20 hours of classroom time, 10 hours of independent study from the textbook that we provide, and 10 hours of in-car training.
Our instructors are certified teachers and provide an interesting and interactive learning environment. Students will be encouraged to participate in various activities to improve their understanding and to facilitate learning. Classes are relevant to today’s ever-changing driving environment.
20 hours of in-class learning time | 10 hours of one-on-one in-car training |
10 hours of independant study
$775.00 (HST included)
2019 COURSE DATES:
Sept 21, 22 & 28, 29
- Students are required to bring their Driver’s Handbook. A course textbook will be provided.
- Students will be required to maintain a 70% average in the classroom and once the 20 hours are completed
- After the classroom portion is completed, students will be eligible for the in-car sessions which require an 80% average for certification.
Upon completion of the course, students receive an online MTO verification from Our Driving School. This certification is required proof for your insurance company.
NOTE: The option to take one or more in-car lessons in the Sault is available and encouraged, however, not necessary in order to pass.
- How crashes happen and how to prevent them
- Defensive and cooperative driving skills
- Winter driving
- Front and rear collision avoidance techniques
- Shoulder recovery on the highway
- Standard and ABS braking techniques
- How to handle emergencies
- How to avoid aggressive drivers
- How to avoid people who tailgate and much more.
*Please note that there is NO online portion of our courses.
Students will be brought to Sault Ste. Marie to complete the required 10 hours of in-car training.
Benefits of the Beginner Driving Education Course
- Shorter wait time to complete your G2 Road Test (G1 Exit) (8 months compared to 12)
- Graduates with a Driver License History may be eligible for an insurance discount
- Become a confident, safe driver
With an approved Beginner Driver Education Course at Our Driving School, you are eligible to schedule your G1 Exit Test after only eight months. A Beginner’s permit has two phases, G1 and G2. Usually, you cannot exit G1 and enter G2 until you have 12 months experience, but this is reduced to 8 months with your Driver Education certificate.
Upon completion of the course, our office certifies the student with the Ministry of Transporation (MTO) with a Driver’s License History. This certification is required proof for your insurance company and may entitle you to receive a discount and can be acquired at Service Ontario for $12.00.