New Driver Classes
Student Driving Course Information
We teach a Ministry of Transportation approved beginner driver education course which consists of 20 hours of classroom time, 10 hours of independent study from the textbook that we provide, and 10 hours of in-car training. *Please note that there is NO online portion of our courses. When the student completes all parts of the course, we will send the appropriate information for Ministry certification. Proof of this certification is required by the insurance companies to show that a student has completed driver training.
- Our instructors are certified teachers and provide an interesting and interactive learning environment. The students will be encouraged to participate in various activities to improve their understanding and to facilitate learning. Students will be provided with a textbook for the course and will also be expected to bring their Driver’s Handbook with them.
- Our 20 hours of classroom training is delivered over 4 days (9 am – 3 pm each day). Our students must maintain a 70% average in the classroom for certification & will learn about the following:
- learning about how crashes happen and how to prevent them
- defensive & cooperative driving skills
- winter driving
- front and rear collision avoidance techniques
- shoulder recovery on the highway
- standard and ABS braking techniques
- how to handle emergencies
- how to avoid aggressive drivers
- how to avoid people who tailgate and much more.
- In our 10 hours of one-on-one in-car training, students must maintain an 80% average for certification & will learn the life-saving skills they need to recognize risks on the road and respond effectively. We pick up and drop off anywhere in Sault Ste. Marie.
- The 10 hours of homework is taken up in class on the fourth day of class and we address questions about their responsibilities and the rules of the road, and the consequences of breaking them.
- Adjustments for students with special needs are happily made. We take pride in ensuring the success of all our students, regardless of age, background, first language, or special needs.
- Upon successful completion of this course, we can help you book your road test, arrange for the use of one of our cars for your road test, and pick you up for the road test!
- We offer refresher courses prior to the final road test and can pick you up in plenty of time to practice.
Contact us at (705) 253-0929 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for costs and availability.
February 24 & 25 + March 3 & 4
@ Sault Ste. Marie location
March 10,11,12 & 13
@ Wawa location
New Driver Classes Prices:
$650 + HST
- 20 hours of in class learning time
- 10 hours of one-on-one in car training
Benefits of Driving School
With an approved Drivers Education course at “Our Driving School”, you are eligible to schedule your G1 exit test after only 8 months. A Beginners permit has two phases, G1 and G2. Normally you cannot exit G1 and enter G2 until you have 12 months experience but this is reduced to 8 months with your driver education certificate.
The cost of insurance may be greatly reduced with the completion of a”Drivers Education Course” from Our Driving School.
Check with your insurance agent. Students who have completed driver’s education will have lower insurance premiums, because companies actuaries have predicted that people who take drivers education classes will have fewer collisions and speeding tickets. Ask what the cost of insurance coverage would be with and without driver education.
Safe Driving is Its Own Reward:
- No injuries to yourself or others
- No damages or car repairs
- No tickets
- Car lasts longer
- Insurance rates stay low
Use of Car for G1x, G2x road test
In order for you to complete your G1 Exit or G2 Exit road test, you need to have a safe vehicle available for you to use. The examiner at your driving test will check your car for cracks in the windshield, current licence plate sticker, and make sure that the cars signal lights, brake lights and horn are working.
If you need a safe vehicle that passes this initial inspection to complete your road test we offer the use of a car. We will pick you up and drop you off anywhere in the Sault. We also offer a refresher just before your road test if you feel you want to go over the road test procedures. After you have scheduled your road test appointment, please call Our Driving School a call at 705-253-0929 to book a vehicle. Or call our office and we will book your test for you and coordinate your test booking and our instructor’s availability.